Powder Coat Paint Finish
All DekSmart Railings powder coat finishes comply to:
- NAAMM’s “Metal Finishes Manual for Architectural and Metal Products” for recommendations for applying and designating finishes.
- ASTMB117-97 (3000 hr salt spray adhesion.
- A.A.M.A.4 2604 colour uniformity, film adhesion, impact and chemical resistance criteria
Treatment of Raw Aluminum
All DekSmart Railings exposed aluminum components are treated
before powder coating through a full multi-stage pretreatment process.
- First stage is treat the components with a heated alkaline based solution to remove oils and contaminates.
- Second stage – freshwater rinse
- Third stage – reverse osmosis rinse.
- Fourth stage – E-CLPS sealer coat used to provide a superior bond for the powder coat finish to the aluminum.
- Fifth stage – aluminum components are oven dried leaving a nearly colourless coating