Applying the Powder Paint
All Deksmart Railing components receive a baked on powder coated finish in either a smooth or textured finish.
- Powder coat finish is electrostatically applied and are thermosetically cured.
- 7 standard colours, custom colours available and are quoted separately.
- All powder coat paint is Polyester T.G.I.C. Free .
- Powder coat finish is minimum 3 mil thickness for smooth gloss finish and 4 mil thickness for textured finish.
Powder Paint Quality Control
Powder coated components are subjected to a comprehensive quality
- A visual check for powder paint consistency after electrostatic application is performed under high intensity lighting pre-thermoset curing
- After thermoset curing a visual check for powder paint consistency is performed.
- An electronic gauge using the eddy current principle is used to measure paint thickness. (ASTM Practice D7091 for non-destructive
- A boil test and cross hatch test are performed on each paint batch to confirm paint adhesion as per suppliers’ recommendations